Quonset hut on Babcock Road.
Camp Thomas, or the Advance Base Depot Receiving Barracks, was established by the Navy in November of 1942. Camp Thomas occupied 142 acres at the northeast corner of NCTC Davisville. Thousands of personnel en route from boot camp to advanced training and overseas deployment passed through here, as did those returning from overseas service. Most of this area is now overgrown with scrub brush and young trees. The camp's extensive wooden barracks are completely gone, as are all but one of nearly eight hundred Quonset Huts once scattered around the site. Beneath the overgrowth, networks of roads and pathways are barely discernable.